Monday, February 4, 2008

I Have Given Birth



It took only five months to birth my child, Misdemeanors & Felonies: A Memoir, not the required nine months normally associated with childbirth . . . er . .. Unless we are talking about twenty-two months for elephants. I guess I'm attempting silliness here, but the fact remains I feel like a great burden has been lifted from my heart. The writing of Misdemeanors & Felonies: A Memoir has not lessened the pain I have felt for many years and still feel about what happened to those who were affected by my actions when I was half crazed by personal demons. Demons which made it impossible for me to function within a civilized world, expect on its periphery, in the shadows, lurking and hoping for love and happiness even as I ran like hell away from it. No, the pain is still there and the pain will remain, but hopefully my recounting of those days of dispair and wrongs committed will at least assuage feelings and answer questions about what happened to cause a man to walk away from love, honor, and family. That is my prayer. There are always consequences for your actions and it is not always you who have to pay them, those innocent ones you touch as you go through life self absorbed and demon-possessed, that is the tragic part of a story such as mine.

Well, anyway, the book is finished. The book is published. The book is available for purchase, and if anyone is interested, go here . . .
Misdemeanors & Felonies: A Memoir . . . I thank you

No comments: