Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I'm Back . . .

With a cup of java sitting beside me . . . I am back from two days of malingering. I felt guilty taking those days off, but felt they were needed. I am getting to the point in the story where things,, bad thing and good things happen to me. I am still in Cheyenne. I'm finding it difficult leaving that blasted place. It was much more important to me that I ever realized I guess. I hope to be able to move on after today''s chapter, which will be number 27. Moving right along much better than I ever thought I would. I have a sneaking suspicion that when I began the rewrite that is going to be the killer. Misdemeanors & Felonies: A Memoir is surprising me in the way I am writing it. Except for the very early years, the years which took place up until I graduated from high school, the chapters have been, on the whole, smooth going. The chapters which will concern Marionette, my first wife, is not far away and I have no idea how I am going to feel as I write about those days which should have never happened. I am not sorry they did happen, because we produced out daughter Paula, but like so many people who marry too young, it was a union not meant to survive. If I had been stronger maybe it could have, but I wasn't and that is that.

One thing. Chapter 26 that I wrote yesterday? I have changed my "voice" for it, and I assume for the rest of the book, so I believe the couple of days I took off more or less gave me the input to change the voice. Because I have been knowing, as I worked the previous chapters that my voice might have been a little to passive. Passive writing is not my style. I usually go for the jugular, the hell with it. I wasn't doing that in the other chapters and subconsciously I think I knew it and that was why I made the decision to goof off for a few days. When I rewrite it I will need to pick up the "voice," to make it more dramatic and forceful. For even if you are writing about things which are tender moments, you can still do it with a forceful voice. Otherwise, you'll put the reader to sleep and I don't want to do that unless they have red so far into the night that sleep just overcomes them. That will be acceptable . . . Gotta love it!

Misdemeanors & Felonies: A Memoir is going to be the book I was meant to write. I keep saying that because it is so obvious to me. Sometimes things are just meant to be. Whether or not you believe in God, predestined events, or just accidental happenings, humans are selected by some great cosmos to do particular things. some are meant to discover life-savings drugs, some are meant to lead great nations. I have been selected to write this story . . .

My Novels:

Write To Murder . . .
http://www.lulu.com/content/956621

Margaret and David: A Love Story . . . http://www.lulu.com/content/1072842

My Mother's Revenge . . . http://www.lulu.com/content/1132742

No comments: