Friday, November 30, 2007

Paroled into Hell


Haha!!! That's kind the way I felt after I got to Taylor. Mother and daddy and Steve met me when I walked out of the joint a free, but troubled man. The tension in the house I grew up in was almost palatable after we got there.

I know now that a lot of my problem was paranoia on my part, and it all had to do with the fact I thought everyone in Taylor knew about me being adopted. Adopted is a pretty convenient word, I don't think there was anything legal about how mother got me OR my other brothers, but that's done, no use going there.

Paranoia or not, I had major problems with Taylor. I imagined a lot of things, I am sure, people couldn't even look at me without me thinking bad things. Looking back on it I realized what an idiot I was, but still, to this very day, I can't understand why someone, anyone didn't tell me who my mother was. Especially after an incident which happened in the tenth grade when I wrecked the refrigerator because they wouldn't tell me anything but lies. Anyway, I was back home. But not for long.

Mother told me that Marionette was still in Memphis and had a job at the Methodist Hospital as a receptionist. Visions of what had happened to us in Memphis flared up and for a day or so I was angry, but my thoughts turned to Paula and I decided to take off up there to see what could be done to rectify the situation. Nothing could be done, I found out. We were already divorced, she'd gotten that done while I was in the joint. We did talk, but it was obvious she wasn't interested in trying to patch things us. I don't think we could have patched things up, it was only a pipe dream of mine, I suppose. I had to leave Memphis without seeing Paula . . . That hurt.

During those days whenever something hurt I left it. I did this time too, although I knew that leaving would be breaking my parole and I would probably be going back to prison, I . . . did . . . not . . . care at the time and lit out for New Orleans, I liked what I saw there when we took our Senior Trip there . . .
Tomorrow . . .

My Novels:

Write To Murder . . .
http://www.lulu.com/content/956621

Margaret and David: A Love Story . . . http://www.lulu.com/content/1072842

My Mother's Revenge . . . http://www.lulu.com/content/1132742

No comments: