Sunday, November 18, 2007

Production Is Down

As my title says, for the last few days my production has been down. The lazy hound to the left is not the reason, I haven't been lazy, it is just things get in the way. Some people call it life. And life has kept my inspiration at bay and I haven't written what I feel I should have.

Also, I am getting into the part of the book which deals with Marionette and my first disastrous first marriage. Here is really where the writing become . . . difficult and trying. To attempt to capture the trials and woes and lovers spats so long ago is almost impossible, so I have decided that I will probably forgo the minute details of what happened. I prefer to keep much what went on between Marionette and myself -- two kids, although I had been in the Air Force, I wasn't by any means an adult -- on a more psychological level. I find it is much easier to deal with personal relationships by, not glossing over it, but putting in perspective from an old man who can look back and see things I could have never seen then. My quirks and inbred paranoia came full circle when I began dealing with women -- or in the case of Marionette a girl -- it was almost impossible for her to have understood why I was the way I was. Even I, at that time, had no idea. It is only have my "mellowing" have I been able to see things much, much clearer qnd with a non-judmental eye than I could ever have in those days.

Okay, Chapter 31 of Misdemeanors & Felonies: A Memoir is almost finished. If nothing happens tomorrow will finish it up. I imagine there will be at least two more chapters before I go on to find myself in other places. This book is going to be large I'm thinking. At least the first draft certainly will be, who know what will happen to the second on? Will I slash and cut and burn or will I add more of what I remembered and make the damn thing boring and unreadable? NO! NO! NO! I will never do that, I am too experienced a writer to walk into that trap. I hope.

Later . . .

My Novels:

Write To Murder . . .
http://www.lulu.com/content/956621

Margaret and David: A Love Story . . .
http://www.lulu.com/content/1072842

My Mother's Revenge . . .
http://www.lulu.com/content/1132742

No comments: