Thursday, November 15, 2007

Storm Clouds Brewing

Marriage is the theme of Chapter 29 . . . So why are the storm clouds warning? Because I am writing this and I know what is coming. Marionette and I would not have very much of what is usually said with a gleam in the eye, "marriage bliss." I don't know how long it took Marionette to figure out that we had just walked into a big lake of do-do. I don't think I ever figured it out until that night in Memphis when I got back from being somewhere I shouldn't have been and found my not-so-blushing bride gone.

But that is to come. Chapter 29 is all about getting married and waking up to find that, hell, this ain't what it is supposed to be like. Is it? Hell, the marriage began all wrong, why chance did it have? I had nothing. The future was only the day after the day I was in, nothing in my makeup at this point in time let me look further than then. How many men have their mothers drive them to a courthouse so they can be married? Not many I'm thinking. But I did. At least I didn't resist her offer, that was how immature I was and my growing, but still weak testosterone went for the deal. She drove us back to a motel in Springhill to cement the marriage and came and picked us up the next day. Jeez!

The job I managed to land with a construction company didn't last over a day. Nope. Wasn't my thing. So how did I think money would begin to flow for my new wife and my living expenses. I didn't. I guess she did, but by then, although the novelty of unabashed sex (well, not quite unabashed) was quite new and delicious to us, the novelty of marriage was beginning to quickly dawn on us that maybe it wasn't exactly what we had in mind. What, pray tell, did we have in mind? Damned if I know, even now. I think both of us were blinded by lust and love and just assumed that when people got married life just naturally got better. I should have known better coming from where I came from.

By the end of Chapter 29 we would be on our way to Memphis, Tennessee, where Marionette's parents had moved to. Things would only get worse . . .

My Novels:

Write To Murder . . .
http://www.lulu.com/content/956621

Margaret and David: A Love Story . . . http://www.lulu.com/content/1072842

My Mother's Revenge . . . http://www.lulu.com/content/1132742

No comments: