Saturday, December 8, 2007

Chapter 51 Killed Me To Write


With the help of my influential mother-in-law in New York I was not sent back to Lompoc for the remainder of my sentence. Instead she got a federal parole officer in Brooklyn to take me on and Nanette and I took off for the big city. Flushing, in Queens Borough, was where the in-laws lived and we stayed there until Nanette had Patricia. I found work in Lynbrook, Long Island, and after the baby was born we moved out there.

I loved Lynbrook. I loved my job at Satisfaction Supply company: Label Craft Division . . . Yeah, I know, what a name, huh? I loved Nanette. I loved Patricia. What then, could go wrong? This is where the chapter started killing me, because I don't know why I left. In the book I blamed it on my nomadic lifestyle up until this time in my life. I blamed it on the "ramblin' man" syndrome. It is killing me even here trying to say that I walked away from my family. When I was writing Chapter 51 I had to get up from the computer three different times and take a walk outside to try and calm myself down, but nothing worked and I forced myself to write the chapter. This chapter is, by far, the worst one I have had to write and there have been some bad one.

This is all I am going to say about this chapter, except that it just about killed me, at one point I actually thought I was going to have a heart attack or a stroke . . . Tomorrow . . . Tomorrow . . .

My Novels:

Write To Murder . . .
http://www.lulu.com/content/956621

Margaret and David: A Love Story . . . http://www.lulu.com/content/1072842

My Mother's Revenge . . . http://www.lulu.com/content/1132742

No comments: