Saturday, December 22, 2007

It's Like I Said

Now that I have finished the first draft of Misdemeanors & Felonies: A Memoir I am struggling to find a real reason to keep this site viable. I suppose I could continue to relate daily my pprogress, or lack of progress, concerning the story, but I'm beginning to feel a little worn out with all the "talking" about it. I am posting what I have written here on my Myspace site and a few people read and comment on it, but any more "talk" about the project is becoming a little weirsome.

Saying that, I have to relate that the rewrite is progressing quite well. Oh, it is hard, no doubt about it, harder actually than I thought it would be, but I'm getting through it. I had so many notes I'd taken over the decades which I wanted to bring out in the telling of the story, and I did bring out the most important ones, but there are incidential things which also need to be included, and that is what the rewrite is all about. Also, toward the end of the first draft I tended to "rush" things, sometimes covering a great many years and happenings in one chapter. I need to fis at least some of that. Which means the book will be bigger than it already is, and it is already almost four hundred pages. THAT means I have to go back through it . . . This morning . . . And change the font from Palatino to Time Roman. In so doing I will pick up quite a few pages, so that is my agenda today, pluse trying to rewrite Chapter 16 and maybe more, well see.

Until the next time . . .

My Novels:

Write To Murder . . .
http://www.lulu.com/content/956621

Margaret and David: A Love Story . . .
http://www.lulu.com/content/1072842

My Mother's Revenge . . .
http://www.lulu.com/content/1132742

No comments: