Monday, December 24, 2007

My Christmas Present

Today a box came in the mail,
It was addressed to me, not Dale.
What could be in this little box?
I shook it, I did not hear rocks.

Light as a feather it felt to me,
It was sealed so tight I could not see.
I tore into that box, I did.
Was it just air there? Oh forbid!

Inside the box another one!
My, oh my, this is so much fun.
I read To Grandpa, From Jimmy
My heart danced and then it shimmied.

My hands trembled opening it,
With tears in my eyes I admit.
It was a golden Christmas ball,
The best present I can recall.

Engraved on it, Number 1 Grandpa
I feel so good, I am in awe.
Jimmy is my groovy grandson.
Jimmy is my only grandson.

UPDATE . . . CHRISTMAS DAY

Today my daughter dialed my phone,
I've not spoke to her in so long.
We talked today and I am proud,
I love her so much, I say out loud.

©December 24, 2007 / Jerry Pat Bolton

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful ;)

The Bipolar Diaries

Jerry Pat Bolton said...

Thank you Danielle, this was the best Christmas in my life . . . I added a verse to the poem . . .