Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Feeling Better . . .

There is a light at the end of this tunnel of sickness and malingering . . . Although I am still a bit shaky, I feel good considering what I have been through. So good that I went out and bought a big tub of Popeye's Fried Chicken and pigged out . . . First solid food I've had in a while . . . Good . . .

I also did some work on Chapter 8 of Misdemeanors & Felonies, which comes to a huge shock to you (Who am I kidding, I know no one is reading this stuff) as it was to me. I used up a couple of pages to analyze the beginning of the story. In Chapter 1
I told about a time when I overheard a couple of my aunts talking about me, and what they said was not very charitable, especially considering that I was not even of school age at the time.

I attempted, as well as I could, to bring out the fact that what I heard that day and what awaited me after I ran home as fast as my little legs could carry me, never left me. The words of the two women and the treatment I received when I finally got home and told my mother stayed with me forever. From that day forward little Jerry Pat Bolton began to develop a chip on his shoulder, one that he carries to this day. It was a shocking statement to the world we live in that a small boy should never have had to been subjected to. I could never learn to like the two aunts, although I suppose the word hate isn't the right word to use. They didn't know I was there, I mean it wasn't on purpose, but still . . .

Like I said, I only wrote a couple of pages today, but I think they were good pages. After I am away from a project such as Misdemeanors & Felonies for longer than a couple of days it is difficult to get back into the groove, as it were. My thought process refuses to just pick back up and continue like nothing has happened. So I am proud of the two pages. Tomorrow I will finish it up, going back to the early days with Charles, school and all that comes with it.


MY NOVELS:

Write To Murder . . .
http://www.lulu.com/content/956621

Margaret and David: A Love Story . . . http://www.lulu.com/content/1072842

My Mother's Revenge . . . http://www.lulu.com/content/1132742

No comments: