Wednesday, October 17, 2007

No More Excuses


This is the second day they do not have graphics . . . I like them . . . Maybe they'll fix it so they'll be ready for tomorrow . . . Okay . . . Here I am back putting ther graphis on . . . I'm applauding . . . See?

Today I worked very little on Chapter 8. I called myself making an outline for what the rest of the chapter will be about, because I wrote two pages yesterday. Horsefeathers, as my father would say, since he did not curse, I just didn't work on it . . . Why lie about it? I don't plan to lie as I write Misdemeanors & Felonies so why do it here. If ever there was a damn time to tell the truth it is now.

Sometimes, however the truth is hard to swallow. It may be the case here. It doesn't matter. I never gave my children any part of me except my genes and it hurts me to admit that to the world, but that is what must happen. Will Misdemeanors & Felonies makeup for what they missed out not having a father, their real father? No. That is silly. But I want them to find out, from my point of view, what happened that sent me away from them. It is important to me, I think it will be to Patricia and maybe Paula. Rick? Maybe. I dreamed about Rick last night. Patricia also, but it was Rick and I who was featured most prominently in the dream. Nothing spectacular. No hugs and tears. We just talked and I can't remember what we even talked about. I wrote a poem about it this morning and posted it on
www.AuthorsDen.com. I think I'll include it here:


DREAM

Dedicated to Patricia and Nick . . .


I dreamed of Patricia and Nick
We were close and everything clicked
It was a homey kind of a site
We laughed, smiled, everything looked bright
We were somewhere, looked like a home
Although both Trish and Nick were grown
Nick and I spoke, me with some shame
Knowing that it was I to blame
Tension in the air, but it was brief
To my everlasting relief
Unease lifted between us all
I was so happy I almost bawled
Dreams are dreams and that's what they are
But some come true if wished on a star

©October 17, 2007 / Jerry Pat Bolton

Tomorrow I begin in earnest on the story . . . Hell, if I get down with it I might have it by Christmas . . . wouldn't THAT be something?

NOVELS:

Write To Murder . . .
http://www.lulu.com/content/956621

Margaret and David: A Love Story . . . http://www.lulu.com/content/1072842

My Mother's Revenge . . . http://www.lulu.com/content/1132742

No comments: