Monday, September 3, 2007

Back To Work . . .

I mentioned yesterday that something happened to me recently which upset the creative process and put my writing on hold. Today I plan to get back to the chore of layering my novel-in-progress, Katrina's Prey into something the reader can, if not relate to, at least have strong feelings about. So! Chapter 3 is on the agenda for today

I belong to a writers group here in Houma, Louisiana by the name of Bayou Readers and Authors Guild, i.e., BRAAG. It was born, under a different name, a couple of years ago. We have had our problems, not attracting authors, but keeping them interested enough to keep coming to the meetings. I have to admit that I quit the group, myself, and it was only the arrival of a new addition to it and an email from Joe, its president, that I went back to a meeting last Saturday.

We changed our format and took the group to a different direction, critiquing each other's work and the meeting was fantastic! I have never seen such spirit and enthusiasm. So much so that the two hours flew by so quickly, it was time to quit before everyone was ready I believe. This is a good thing. This gives new meaning and goals for BRAAG and I am pumped up about it.

I have mention that I have self-published three novels . . . I list them here:

My Mother's Revenge . . .
http://www.lulu.com/content/1132742
Margaret and David: A Love Story . . .
http://www.lulu.com/content/1072842
Write To Murder . . .
http://www.lulu.com/content/956621

1 comment:

Dayle James Arceneaux said...

I agree, Jerry.

I was ready for another 2 hours.

I had assumed you guys had been doing this for quite some time. I'm actually glad I'm in on the start.