Sunday, September 16, 2007

Making Progress . . . Slowly


All that stuff on the left? It is Arabic for I Will Not Surrender, and I think it should be printed on the dollar bill right under "E Pluribus Unum." Far too many in this country are cowards and do not understand that there are powerful and dedicated people out there who want to destroy us. If we yield to the naysayers and cut and run from Iraq, it very well could be the death knell for America. It will mean that of the last three major wars we have fought, Korea, Vietnam and Iraq, we have listened to the haters of America and pulled out prematurely, and we all know pulling out before it's time is a no-no . . .

Okay, 'nuff of my political thoughts . . .

I am beginning to see daylight on the note amassing, if I can stay on it I am sure I will be through with it in a day or two, because what I thought were more notes is actually some characterization profiles I'd done over the years. And this is good that I'll be through sooner, because I'm becoming weary because it is just so boring. Although I know it is a necessary thing. You know what? I'm still mulling over whether or not I should use everybody's real name in Misdemeanors & Felonies. I want this to be autobiographic so the renaming of everyone seems to be cheating. The more I think about it the more determined I am to just do the book the conventional way (and that's a switch, because I sure as hell aren't what you would call conventional.) and go for the "honest" approach. But it isn't set in stone, for I do also believe I will be able to write a better book the fictionalized autobiography . . . We'll see.

I have understood for quite a few years now, that history isn't very important when a person is young. Who cares? That was always my attitude. But when we grown into old age, you begin to look at history with an entirely different slant. Usually you have more history behind you than you haver future before you, and THAT is what makes us older folks think differently about what has gone on before. That is especially true if you are like me and have made more than the alloted mistakes and errors in my lifetime. History then is a heavy anvil across your shoulders. But if you are like me and have been lucky enough to have been "found" by my mistakes and crimes of the heart, and I am in a position to write about it, tthen history takes on another meaning altogether. It is possible to rearrange history, or at least the history others have been told. I don't mean change history, but tell the other side of it. If I can be truthful, without holding back, I believe history can be melded into one, which hopefully will be what really happened. Emotions seem to get in the way when history is told and sometimes things are left out.

I know this. My history is fraught with betrayal, hurtful words, insecurity and a lot more and I intend to address all of that with as unbiased a way as I can. Of course, I can't be completely unbiased, but I'm going to damn well try. What everyone connected with me and my history do NOT need is more of the sme "telling it like I want to, not as it was" attitude. I promise I shall not do that.

Until tomorrow . . .

My Books:

My Mother's Revenge . . .
http://www.lulu.com/content/1132742
Margaret and David: A Love Story . . . http://www.lulu.com/content/1072842
Write To Murder . . . http://www.lulu.com/content/956621

No comments: