Saturday, September 15, 2007

Drat!!! )(~!^%$@*&

This is my daughter, Paula. She has changed her name over the years to Candance Rain-Travers . . .

Okay. When I wrote the title for this entry I was getting something off my mind, because )(~!^%$@*& is exactly how I feel about now concerning this project of mine. Today, as I was shaving, I got this familiar feeling of fear that I will never be able to pull Misdemeanors & Felonies off. I say familiar, because I have had the same sinking feelings of failure throughout my life. Sometimes when I get these signals that I can't do whatever it is I want to do, I capitulate and . . . Quit. Not this time, however. The old gremlins are not strong enough to wreck this project. The book will be written, hopefully in a way that gives whoever reading it a reason to pause and reflect on their own blunders in their own life. Someone mentioned the fact, just today, that the mistakes of our past is what defines us and gives us character . . . (Thanks Mike) . . . I agree with that premise and can only hope it isn't too late for me to make up to those who have taken the time, who have wanted to know me, to make them smile and understand that I love them.

Humans seem to go about making the same mistakes, each generation never learning from past generations. I am seeing, up close and personal, that being played out by things I have learned today also. It would seem that we would look to the mistakes of the past and do everything within our power to not make them ourselves, but that does not seem to be the case.

Misdemeanors & Felonies will be my attempt to put things . . . Not right, that can never be. Some things cannot be excused. But if I can write this story the way I hope I can, maybe it will at least give those who are involved and others who are interested a feeling that, although what has gone down in the past can't be excused, but at least my story may cause those wonderful people I am writing it for a time to reflect and forgive. If I can manage to make that happen my life's wirk will be done and I will die (hopefully at a much later date) a fulfilled man.

Misdemeamors & Felonies! I am still working on all those notes I have taken over the years. It won't be long before I strike the first word of the novel/memior . . .

My Novels . . .

My Mother's Revenge . . .
http://www.lulu.com/content/1132742
Margaret and David: A Love Story . . . http://www.lulu.com/content/1072842
Write To Murder . . . http://www.lulu.com/content/956621

No comments: