Friday, September 21, 2007


Haha!! Yeah, right . . . The graphic is about my debut on television last night. A few days ago I received an email from someone by the name of Sheila and she wanted to know if I would be interested in appearing on LCN (The Louisiana Connection Network), a new cable network who is trying to become something bigger. I told her that my dance card was empty for the foreseeable future and yes, I sure would be interested. She wanted to know if Thursday would be okay, and again I said yes, indeed, Thursday would be just fine.

I was okay until I got to the station and met Sheila and the two co-hosts who were going to do the interview, a virtual Ménage å trois. One was a good-looking blond and the other one was an older man, and as they they began going over things with me about what was going to happen, I began to get the dry mouth and nervous feeling. They said not to sweat it, I'd be just fine, but I wasn't too sure that I would, in fact, be "just fine. Then a few minutes before the taping began, and we were all in our places on the set, my microphone they had pinned to my shirt wouldn't work. That had the effect of shooting my nerves up a full 100 points. But they fixed it and now we were ready. Well, they were ready, I just wanted to get the hell out of that chair and flee for the front door.

But I didn't. I did get up and made a mad dash for the water cooler and quenched what had become the Saraha Desert in my mouth. By the time I came back it was showtime (how you like that, one fifteen minutes on air and I'm an old pro at the terminology? Gotta love it!) and before I knew it we were "doing it." The two co-hosts had a few things to say, welcoming the viewers, etc., before they bared their fangs and turned to me with blood in their eyes. What happened next is kind of a blur. I remember answering questions my two inquisitors asked of me to the best of my ability, all the while trying not to smile. Because of my blasted teeth. One is chipped in front. As old as I am, what do I care how I look? Still, I was there trying to promote my books, therefore myself, so appearances do count.

As we talked I began to see that the two co-hosts weren't really out for my blood and were actually very nice and tried their best to help me do what I needed to do to push the books. The books . . . My Mother's Revenge, Margaret and David: A Love Story, and my most recent one, Write To Murder were discussed one at a time, with me giving the plot as best I could. Toward the end of the interview I started to relax somewhat and even as I was speaking I was thinking that my voice sounded about an octave higher than normal, God knows how it will sound when they air the program. I have to call today and find out when the program will air and what the name of the darn program is! Can you believe I forgot that? I told you I was nervous. Oh, Sheila said that I would be able to obtain a copy of the segment of the show I was on . . . That was nice . . .

Today, I go to the library for their annual book sale and will try to find a couple of memoirs to help me deal with how to go about writing Misdemeanors & Felonies. I should be able to find something . . .

MY NOVELS:

My Mother's Revenge . . .
http://www.lulu.com/content/1132742

Margaret and David: A Love Story . . .
http://www.lulu.com/content/1072842

Write To Murder . . .
http://www.lulu.com/content/956621

No comments: