Monday, September 24, 2007

It Is Legit Now

This morning I saved the first three chapters of Misdemeanors & Felonies on a disc, thereby giving it credibility, at least in my eyes. The first draft is officially underway. I had already written the first chapter and even posted it on http://www.authorsden.com/ and at my blog on my Myspace site, http://www.myspace.com/writetomurder under the title "Notes From The Author." I have since changed that to Chapter 1. Then I wrote, over the last three days another chapter and it will be Chapter 2. I had also written about an incident which happened in a blackberry patch for Chapter 1, but changed it to Chapter 3. Whew! Getting confused yet? It will probably get worse as this monster develops, but that is why they call the first writing of anything first drafts and they are subject to scrutiny and revision. I think the getting started is going to be the most trying, but I believe I am finally on my way to really getting into the story. Let us hope. Anyway, I feel so good about what I have done so far that I have put it on a disc, and that is progress.

I haven't read too many autobiographies, but those I have read are all about when this happened and where this happened, down to the second almost. I won't be able to give an exact date for much of this book, it will have to be in generalities, like "sometime in the early sixties," or "the fifth grade." Although I imagine as I get immersed within the structure of the book and the people who will populate it, dates and places will become more clearer as I will have been thinking of them and if you think about something long enough, things sometimes become more clearer. But precise dates do not matter. I have a long standing problem with dates. I think a lot of men do, whereas most woman can give you the date, the time, the layout of the living room and whether or not the flowers are fake or real. Viva la difference!!!

Someone in the last couple of day said for me to quit beating up on myself. Easier said than done, but I will try. The thing is, I have a lot to beat myself up for. I spent most of my life running from myself and my inferiority complexes. Yes, indeed, I had those big time, and maybe, just maybe, by the time I finish the book the reason for all those damn complexes will be apparent. Does that absolve me of my failures? Hell no, it does not, but at least I have an inkling as to why I did some of the incredible things I did. Misdemeanors. There were multitudes of those. We all have misdemeanors in our lives, but some of us take them to the extreme. I did. Felonies. Not content with the misdemeanors I was committing, I had to go and become a full-fledged outlaw. I committed felonies of the heart and felonies of the unlawful kind. The heart felonies scared other people, the lawful felonies were dealt with by the federal government.

After the last draft of Misdemeanors & Felonies is completed the reader will know where the germ of my insecurities came from. Again, I don't blame. I used to, but not anymore, because whatever happened in our past, there comes a time when we have minds of our own, but some, like me, refused to use it. I hope to cover everything in the book . . . I am anxious to do so . . . See you tomorrow . . .

MY NOVELS:

My Mother's Revenge . . . http://www.lulu.com/content/1132742

Margaret and David: A Love Story . . . http://www.lulu.com/content/1072842

Write To Murder . . . http://www.lulu.com/content/956621

No comments: