Thursday, September 27, 2007

Malingering



The surreal guy on the left is kinda how I am feeling at the moment . . . Not all here. A reflection of myself which is temporal and hard to grasp. Yesterday was a day which nothing got done on Misdemeanors & Felonies. Zip. Nada . . . Nuttin'. There are times, when, to quote my daughter Patricia, I get into a funk and life and its problems and projects seems to not be worth dealing with. I have been prone to the "funk" all of my life, as I assume most people are, but they never last long in my case. So! Saying that, am I ready for today's challenge, to push out the necessary words which will compromise Chapter 5?

Maybe.

I say maybe, not because I don't want to write, but because I'm not feeling up to snuff today, but hopefully it will not last all day and I can do some work. The next few chapters will deal with the years leading up to the awful teenage years. As bad as children may feel about their childhood up to the point where they . . . Mature . . . At least physically, nothing they have experienced can hope to warn them about the angst which awaits them as they ease into their teens. It is then that rebellion and self-examination and sexual feeling all combine to wreck havoc in the normal teen, never mind those who has have been raised in a house of turmoil and confusion.

But the pre-teen years are, in fact, the most important years in the life of a child. It is during those years that our heads are crammed full of what to do and what not to do in the society in which the teen finds themselves living among. It should be years of molding the child into a persona who can function sanely in the world around him. It should not be years with constant stress. Of course, none of us live in ideal situations, our parents carry around their own set of problems which were pressed upon them by their parents and it goes on like this, ad nauseum, in each generation. Still, there are the normal stresses which come from raising a family and then there are stresses which are fabricated.

So, I shall not malinger two days in a row! Feeling bad or not, Chapter 5 will begin and possibly be finished today, although I seriously doubt that I will finish it. This chapter, like I said, is the springboard to my life in the Taylor, Arkansas school system. I remember those days, especially the high school days with a mixture of happiness, but mixed with pain and shame . . . I will attempt to "tell it like it was" . . . See you tomorrow . . .

No comments: