Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I Quit Worrying


I quit worrying. Really! When it came time for me to begin putting my words where my mouth has been, I ran into a lot of whining and malingering, worrying about how I was going to do this damn story. With all the worrying going on, I haven't gotten off to a very good start. What have I gotten done today? Nada. Nuttin'. I've been doing everything but writing Misdemeanors & Felonies! That stops as of now. It is too late in the day to do anything with the story, I do have a routine and in about thirty minutes I'll be going inside to watch a little television with my wife, Dottie. I just wanted to get this down this afternoon, kinda get a head start on tomorrow, because I won't post it until in the morning.

STOP! LOOK! LISTEN!

This morning I have come to a decision that is really a non-decision, really. Forget all that crap I've been writing about using my doppelganger, Martin Rayne Kirby to front for me in this "tell all" damn book . . . No. Hell no! I refuse to hide behind a figment of my imagination. The book will be written as it should be, in the first person AND with me, Jerry Pat Bolton, doing the writing AND talking.

I was taking the easy way out and it ain't going to work. Subconsciously, I was going to use Martin Rayne Kirby as a kind of an "out." So, later when someone brought up a passage or cident from the book I could have always said, "Well, you know, some of this is fiction, I'll leave it to you to decipher which is real and which is not.

No.

That ain't gonna fly. I will write this book, using my real name and real names of those people I come into contact with, and, at the end I will have written a true account of everything that has happened to me from age six until however old I will be when I finish this momentous task. No excuses. No denials. Nothing but the truth as I remember it to be.

Will this make it harder to write? Don't know. Don't care. I shan't (love that word) hide behind Martin Rayne Kirby, however I do like that name, so I imagine he'll turn up in future writings of mine.

MY NOVELS:

My Mother's Revenge . . . http://www.lulu.com/content/1132742


Margaret and David: A Love Story . . . http://www.lulu.com/content/1072842


Write To Murder . . . http://www.lulu.com/content/956621

2 comments:

Trishy said...

I am really glad you decided to write your book in 1st person...I am not here to judge, I just want to know...

Jerry Pat Bolton said...

Patricia, I just now found your comment, nobody comes here, but I am glad you did . . . The book is going slow, but it is going . . . And you WILL know . . .